I am asked a lot of the same questions and comments about my weight loss. I figured I would answer them all here.
1. HOW DID YOU DO IT? I get asked a lot what crazy diet I am doing or what crazy workout hours I am putting in. This one is simple and not at the same time. I workout 6 times a week and I eat right. I no longer make excuses. My workout times are anywhere from 20 min to an hour a day. Short and simple to get it in. I make sure to combine cardio and weights. You need both to get it done. Like I have said I have done the Moms Into Fitness Pretty Fierce programs. I love them to death and will always tell people who want to do them to try them.
2. ARE YOU SURE YOUR HEALTHY?! This one always makes me laugh, but feel good at the same time. It is nice to know people are worried about me. Yes. I am healthy. I have never been healthier in my life. I eat right, get my veggies, fruit and such in and keep active. I feel better than I ever have.
3. YOU MUST HAVE SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY I DON'T HAVE IT. I do not claim to have the busiest life but as a mom to three kids, a wife, and a full time job my time is limited. I had to learn to fit it in and make workouts a priority. As I did that I found I had a lot more time and energy! Making myself a priority is important. I have learned this, and I am grateful.
4. I COULD NEVER BE THAT SMALL. I used to say that too. I started at a large 14. I told my husband I could never weight in the 120's and there was NO chance I could be under a size 6. I am amazed at the fact that I am now 126 and in a size 1/2. I never thought that would happen! It is amazing what our bodies can do when we challenge them. I am smaller than I can ever remember being. So never set a limit on yourself. Just start and see where you end up. You might be surprised.
5. WHEN DO YOU WORKOUT? My workout times vary a lot. Depends on my day. Usually it is later at night after the kiddos have gone to bed and work is done for the day. I wish I could be a 5am workout girl but I just cant.
6. DON'T YOU MISS FOOD? Nope, because I still eat what I love. I am a huge believer that if you want to be happy with your self you need to eat what you love. You just have to learn to do it right. I know how to fit my favorite smothered burrito with cheese in, or my greasy tacos, or a brownie. The key is moderation, and maybe an extra 30 min of cardio. :) I have just learned how to make food healthier found new recipes and I eat a lot less (and no I am not hungry all the time)
7. CAN YOU HELP ME? OF COURSE! I love more than anything helping others right now. I know it is a long scary road and it is nice to have someone to talk to. I am always up for a being healthy convo. :)
8. WHAT MADE YOU DO IT? I got a taste for exercise after my husband challenged me to workout. I loved it and have not turned back.
9. WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT?! At this point I am not too worried about it. I would love to knock 2 more pounds off so I can say I lost 60. However if that does not happen I am just fine with it. I am just being healthy, whatever changes happen during that are A-OKAY with me! :)
10. WHAT IS THE HARDEST PART? I know I mentioned this before but it is a tie for me. First accepting the new me. It is hard to see myself where I am. I still picture my self as larger, I am working to see myself where I am now. The 2nd part is all the dang extra stomach skin! I know a lot of it is from having kids, so hopefully it will go back slowly.
Most of all I have learned, I am pretty awesome. I can do whatever I decide I want to do. I have never had that confidence in myself and I am forever grateful for it.