Thursday, January 29, 2009
1. I come from a blended family so i have 4 parents and 13 siblings (8 step brothers 2 1/2 brothers 1 blood brother 1 step sister and 1 1/2 sister)
2. I have lived in Utah my whole life, most of which was spent in Utah county.
3. I want to move out of Utah for at lest a little while, I would like my kids to get a taste of what it is to live outside of here
4. I hate to clean, i really just can not stand to spend time cleaning! So my rule is i will keep my living room clean we pick it up every night, that way if people come over there is an area that is presentable. I will clean the other areas when i feel like it :)
5. I could care less about HDTV and Blue ray. I have seen movies and TV shows on them and I just don't think its that much cooler, i really do not need to see how Morgan Freeman is aging
6. I love working, but at the same time HATE being away from Jackie and my home.
7. I am starting to be okay McDonalds (shhh don't tell Derek) its the only place that has a play place that Jackie can play in with out our help so we have taken her there a lot this winter so she can play and get her energy out because lets face it our apt is too small to do that
8. I am a horrible lair.
9. I also have a fear of the dentist
10. I hate driving, i love being the passenger
11. I hate that i live so far from my mom
12. I LOVE my DVR and really do not know how i will ever watch TV again with out it, if i am ever watching "live" TV i get so frustrated that i can not fast forward through the commercials. I figure watching TV on a DVR saves time because you don't spend time watching all the junk you don't want to watch :)
13.I have an irrational fear of Doctors and spiders. It took everything inside of me to handle going to the doctor monthly while prego with Jackie, I have no idea how i am going to be able to handle it with this one...I just plain don't like them.....don't even get me started on spiders
14. I only knew Derek for 2 months when he proposed and we were married a month later
15. I would rather spend my mornings playing with Jackie then taking the time to do my hair fancy so it usually ends up in a bun of some sorts.
16. I absolutely love to cook, I love that i can just throw things together and they always work
17. I hate recipes and never really use them
18. I love cooking for people and having people over for dinner! It just gets really expensive so we don't do it as often as I would like, but if you want to come over some time let me know!
19. I played the violin in high school, but i have not really touched it much since then so i don't know if i can still play it
20. I am not a paranoid person or mother and i figure Jackie has only been sick once in her life so I figure what is the point about stressing out even more.
21. I am a food snob, since I love to cook (and i think i am pretty good) I hate it when people don't put time and love into their cooking
22. I always try to find the good in a situation
23. I always try to see something from the other persons side sometimes this drives Derek crazy, but i always want to give people the benefit of the doubt
24. I married the best man in the world for me and have loved every minute if marriage
25. I love Mexican food :)
OKAY EVERYONE! get on it and do it if you have not already! I want to learn all about you guys!
UPDATE: She made it through the whole night! She came in my room this morning when she woke up as happy as could be, i think she liked the freedom.....we shall see if she will do it again
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
We were in the dinosaur room, and I was teaching her about the dinosaurs and she said dinaor, after her shoots they got dinosaur band aids and kept pointing to them telling me dinaor
She was 32.5 inches long which is the 75.86%
She was 25.13Lbs. which is the 63.59
and her head came in at 19 in. which is 90.62% lol poor girl has always had a big head but hey its coming down from the 99% she started in ;)
Friday, January 23, 2009
We are doing great! Derek is finishing up his last semester in school, witting here and there for the Daily Herold and playing hockey for BYU! He is always busy and running around trying to get everything done, we don't see too much of each other right now, but its nice to know come April he will be done with school!! He is starting to look around for jobs after he is done which is an exciting scary adventure for us!
As for me, I am doing great! Just working and trying to make sure we get some good family time in! Work is going pretty good they have laid off a few people but assure me I am safe, but its still a little scary, you just never know what can happen. Besides that everything is great :) As you can tell my blogged got pimped again by Jenn! THANKS JENN!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing great! Just remember to always Smile and be happy :)
Age: 18 months
Nicknames: monkey, moo face, Jackie bear, moo head, Jackie cougar, Jackie, monkey moo
Favorite Activities: Watching Handy Manny, playing ring around the rosies, coloring, playing with her Handy Manny tools, playing with my now her stuffed cougar Isaac, wresting with daddy, playing on our bed, playing "chase"
Favorite Foods: lol cheese would be the TOP she also likes, spaghetti, really anything with noodles and sauce, she loves chicken and rice, broccoli, grapes, apples tomatoes, strawberries, fries, really she LOVES all food
Least Favorite Foods: We have yet to find a food she will not eat or that she does not really like :)
Favorite Music: She loves the primary songs they always make her happy in the car, she loves the theme song to two and a half men she even knows it ;) !
Favorite Toys: I would have to say her slide, magna doddle, and OF OCURSE her handy manny tool box ;)
Favorite Books: Bubbles bubbles is her FAVORITE she even knows alot of the words and when we stop she will fill them in (we might have read it ONE to many times) she also likes, the rain came down, and good night moon
Favorite Item of Clothing: hmmmm thats a hard one because she LOVES clothes in general. We had to put a hockey stick through her dresser so she could not open it and take her clothes out and try to put them on. If i would have to pick i would say dresses are her favorite because she FREAKS out when i bring them out and keeps saying so pretty sp pretty :)
What makes her happy: Tickling, hugs, kisses, coloring with her on her magna doddle, giving her spaghetti, letting her have her bottle, letting her on our bed to play with us, talking on the video phone to my mom
What makes her sad: She gets sad when dad leaves, when I wont let her have her bottle, when i wont let her spill her bottle, and really just if we wont let her do what she wants
Funny words or phrases: My favorite thing she says is when she comes into a room she says, "hi guys!" lol She just learned cougar :) when you tell her go cougars, she starts to sing the fight song, "rise rise" then puts her arm in the air "raw raw raw raw". "Call granma" is her favorite thing to say. She just learned bum bum too :) and she can say love you!
Favorite thing about them: My favorite thing about Jackie is how much she loves us! I love how unconditional her love is! Being a mom you dont always do what makes them happy, and its nice to know they will still love you and want hugs and kisses!
I tag anyone and everyone that has a kid lol
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
WOW how time flies! I can not believe on Sunday Jackie will be 18 months old, it really seems like just yesterday she was a little baby who just wanted to be held, feed, and changed! here are some updates on Jackie!
- She has 12 teeth
- She knows more words then we can count
- can speak in sentences
- she can have little conversations with us
- She loves to play ring around the rosies
- she loves Hanndy Manny
- She knows all the tools by name and will talk to us about them all the time
- She will occasionally ask us to go to the bath room, i have been told by some i should not even try and she is too young to be potty trained but hey, if she is asking me to use the bathroom OF COURSE i am going to let her, the thought of not having to buy dipars or change them sounds good:)
- She is a great eater! She loves salads and if i ever have one she will come up by me and eat it with me!
- She thinks quesadilas should have tomatoes or salsa on them and if they do not she asks me for dip
- She loves chips and salsa, she will even eat salsa by the spoon fulll
- She loves peper on her food-i decided early on i did not want a kid who would not eat something because peper was on it-she always eats what we eat, and peper is on our food so its on hers.
- She can say love you
- she loves to call my mom on the video phone and always asks me to call grama
- she learns names of people so fast!! she knows a lot of her Uncles and her aunt, and knows who her grandmas and grandpas are!
- She also picks up names of kids and babies she is around
- she loves to play
- she loves to kiss dada and to not kiss me
- she still loves her bottle, a habit that will be broken soon that i am not excited to break
- She loves to say prayer. Nnow after story she says, "prayer" then folds her arms and says "evenly father" then bables for a minute and says "amen". She then unfolds her arms looks at us and relaizes we are still praying so folds her arms again and waits for us to say amen then she says it again!
I love how she is develpoing a personality that is all her own, and how much she is learning and growing.
Motherhood is amazing, and i am so thankfull for the trust the Lord has put in me to allow me to be a mother!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Lol she thinks its funny, Derek thinks its funny, I miss my kisses! haha oh well its kinda funny and its fun to see her getting a personality and learning how to be a little prankster!
Monday, January 12, 2009
BABY TAG! (Dont get any ideas Danielle! I am not prego!! lol )
16.Did you get any stretch marks? Sadley enough my stomach now looks like to got attacked by a tiger!
23.Who drove you to the hospital? lol i did!
24.Who was in the room when you gave birth? Derek, and some docs
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Its been a long time, Jack. I must say this past year has been hard without you. I mean i DO have all 6 seasons on DVD, I did enjoy watching redemption, but I must say, i am glad your back for these next 5 months. My Monday nights will once again be spent watching you and I am glad :)!
Now i just have to make it untill 7!
Friday, January 2, 2009
No Pop (or soda for those of you not from utah
No candy until my birthday! (this one just might kill me, but i am going to try it!)
Have family home evening weekly
Only eat out once a week
Okay there are a few what are some of yours?