People keep asking me for more updates, and I know I should write more. SO here it goes.
I just finished another round of Lindsey Brin's programs. I did Lean Out. I wont lie. It kicked my trash. It was hard. It was challenging. It worked me. However. I did it. I did not miss a day again. I made it. I survived. I lost another 10lbs and 14.5 inches. I had to return a pair of size 4 jeans to buy a pair of size 2's. All in all now I have lost 55lbs (that is 30% of my body weight) and 55 inches. Kinda fun the numbers match up! I now weight 129. PEOPLE I never remember that weight. The lowest I ever remember was my junior year of high school when I weighed 135, and I did not have any muscles.
I have made a change. I really am still in shock. It is hard for me to notice the change as much as others. I mean I look at myself daily. I put on the same few sets of workout clothes and look in the mirror (yes I flex and look at my muscles. Judge me please. ;)) No one ever tells you the hardest part of a "transformation" is accepting it. That might sound weird. I still struggle to see myself for who I am now. I am so used to being on the heavier side and it is a hard switch to flip in the mirror. Please do not get me wrong. I love myself. I love my body. I always have. My journey has never been about that. My journey started plain and simple to make my life better, and feel better. That has been done. I can't even put into words how much better I feel. My life has improved a million trillion times. Getting fit and exercise has made every part of my life better.
- I am a better mom because I have more energy to play with my kids.
- I have more patience for my children, husband, and people I run into to.(that last one is a biggie!)
- I am HAPPIER.
- I am HAPPIER
- I AM HAPPIER (yes that one gets to be posted 3 times.) Life is not always perfect. We all have challenges. My life is full of them. Making exercise and eating right has made me not let them get the best of me and get through them with a smile.
- I have learned that I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to. If someone told me back in August I could lose 55lbs and eat right I would have LAUGHED in their face. I never believed I could have the self control to eat right and workout regularly.The world is mine. I can do whatever I want. I am strong.
- Working out is fun!!! I never thought I would say that. I always hated working out. Now I love it. I crave it. I have a blast and need it in my life! It is a MUCH better part of my life then my Mt Dew and gas station nachos!
- I have learned that I am important. I need to make myself a priority in life. As I do this I am able to take care of my three sweet kids and be a better wife to my husband! (yes I am also a much better employee and citizen)
- Adapt the motto no excuses. I know that motto has gotten some bad wrap. Now I do not mean you need to have the perfect body. Nope not at all. I mean do not let yourself make an excuse not to start and keep going. There will ALWAYS be a reason not to start, to skip a workout, to eat a second cookie ect. You are in control though. You can make that choice to START to not skip a workout. You have full control over what you eat. (I could be done there because really that is it plain and simple but I will give ya a few more ;))
- You are what you eat! Eating is a HUGE part of what I have done. I have changed my whole lookout on food and what I eat. I love food. I love to cook. I knew if I took this journey food had to still be something I loved. SO I still have my favorites. I eat my greasy Mexican smothered in cheese but I do it a lot less, and eat a lot less. I might add an extra workout that day too. I eat 5 times a day and make sure I am getting enough nutrients for my body to function! I have learned not all calories are created equal. I try to choose lower fat options. Protein has become my new best friend. In case you really want to know here is a typical day of what I eat
- BREAKFAST-Honey bunches of oats! My favorite! I also will do cottage cheese and berries (I try to shoot for about 150 Calories)
- SNACK- Fruit or a greek yogurt (I shoot for 100 calories)
- LUNCH-Bagel sandwich (the thin kind) with laughing cow cheese meat and loads of veggies! I will pair it with some soup or some rice cake treats. Some days I will just do chili, salads, tacos, really anything bagel sandwiches are just easy! (I shoot for 400-500 calories)
- SNACK-I love the NUGO protein bars at Costco easy simple on the go. (I shoot for 200 calories)
- DINNER-Nothing special. I make what I want. I portion control to make sure I am not eating too much. I try for 600-700 depending on what I have eaten during the day. Tonight I had some pork tacos on corn tortillas filled with pico and some re-fried beans. :)
- If I am hungry I eat. Plain and simple. I am just smart. When I might have made some nachos late at night now I will grab a 80 calorie yogurt. :)
- Consistency is key. I wish I could say just workout when you want and you will see results, but I can't. You have to workout. You need to be consistent. Keep up with your workouts and you will be happy. I work out at all times of the day. Late nights tend to be my time, so 10pm workouts and me are good friends! Find a time that works for you. If you cant make it work that time find a new time that day. :)
- Stay positive. It is a crazy roller coaster of a journey. Stay positive and be happy. Know there will be rough times, and times you mess up. Don't let it stop you!
So there you go. I am not done yet. I have no goal. I am just being me and staying healthy, happy, and active.
If you want help to start a journey of your own I am super happy to help! Just ask. :) A few people have said they feel bad asking questions, DON'T! I love to share what I have learned. I am still learning and trying to figure things out.