Friday, September 11, 2009

Alamogordo is not that bad

Jessica will tell you all the bad things about Alamogordo. Well, I am going to tell you some of the good things.
∫ The Ward is super nice and willing to help.
∫ My job is great. It is a lot of fun to cover high school athletics.
∫ The cost of living is fairly reasonable.
∫ The drive to the rink is no further than we used to go for family dinner.
∫ You get a chance to do missionary work.
∫ There are all the ammeneties we had back home, Walmart, a mall, Big 5, etc.
∫ We won't be freezing our tails off in the winter.
∫ If we want snow, we can drive 15 minutes to Cloudcroft.
∫ Jess gets to stay home with our little Jackie. Soon it will be Abbey too.

There are more good things about Alamogordo, but I will not bother with them here.
-Derek

1 comment:

cherigarner said...

I am so glad you like it there. I can't wait to see it for myself. Good for you for focusing on the positive! Wish we could move in next door! As they say, "Home is where the heart is." Now part of my heart is in a place called Alamogordo, NM so I love it!