Monday, March 17, 2008

getting married...having kids...changing friends

You know one thing that bugs me...when you get married single friends do not want to be your friends anymore beacuse your married and different! I mean what is with that!!!! if your friends you should be friends even if you make a change in your life! A change like that is one where you want your friends to still be there for you!!! This brings me to my second point! When you have a kid you lose friends too because your married friends without kids do what your single friedns do! grrrrrr grrrr grrrr this is another BIG TIME in your life when you need your friends to be there but some of them just are not! okay end of my rant :)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey! I'll be your friend! I don't have any kids, but I'd LOVE to adopt Jackie! I miss you! Move to Logan so we can live closer together. Yes? Ok, thanks!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

you know what's interesting about that (i've thought a lot about this :p).... when your single friends get married, they're your friends again, when you're married friends have kids, they're your friends again.... basically it's just that the life situation is different. when you get married you don't want to go out partying like the single kids do, and when you have kids your schedule changes and, for example, you save more money, so you don't go out and spend it as frivilously as when you had no kids. haha. but the thing to remember, is that really we don't lose friends, our lives just change temporarily and when things are similar again, friendships get better again. life cycles. blast.

Mary said...

I totally agree! Jackie and Margaret can hang out and be friends!

Danielle said...

yeah i'm single and i am on the single peoples side. it is pretty stupid that people do that but really its just because we are jealous.

Jessica said...

I think I've said amen to one of your posts before but I'll say it again...

Amen Sista.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I'm still your friend, and I'm SINGLE with NO kids. So there.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.