Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Attitude adjustment

So lately i have been having an attitude problem, i have been getting upset over everything and making too big of a deal out of things. So anyway yesterday me and Derek were having FHE and it was my turn to give the lesson and having put it off tell the last minute i grabbed my old church book and looked through it to see if i could find something worth using. Anyway i found a poem and a quote that fit perfectly in my life right now and i would like to share them with you all
the first one is just a quote from Chuck Swindoll


"The longer i live, the more i realize the impact of attitude
on life. It is more important then the past,
than education, than money, than circumstances,
than failures, than successes, than what
other people think or say or do.
It is more important than appearance, talents or skill.
It will make or break a company...a church a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
regarding the attitude we will embrace e for that day.
we cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact
that people will act in a certain way.
We can not change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have,
and that is our attitude.
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how i react to i.
And so it is with you...
We are in charge of our Attitudes."
and the poem is by an unknown author and it goes like this
It's all in how you look at it
We ask for strength and God gives us
difficulties which make us strong
We pray for wisdom and God sends us
problems, the solutions of which develops wisdom,
We plead for prosperity and God gives us
brain and brawn to work.
We plead for courage and God gives us
dangers to overcome
We ask for favors and
God gives us opportunities.
An way i just want to let you all know that after i read these i have decided i need to be happy, and go through life with the hand i have been dealt! I am extremely lucky to have what i have and i need to look through life that way! So this is me telling you all that i am changing my mind set and that i am going to always have a good attitude! So what if work is being crappy to me right now, i have a job that gives me money to pay for my little family and for that i am so grateful! I am so happy to have great friends who always are there for me and who are always trying to be there for me! Anyway sorry for the boring blog i really just wanted to share this with you all! One more thing i read that i really like its D&C 122 go read it! i love this chapter, I love the Lords words to Joseph Smith! Keep on smiling everyone! i know times get hard, but someone is always there, just remember no matter what happens we can be in charge of our attitude!

4 comments:

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

i have had such a crappy attitude lately. funny thing, i wrote an unusually positive blog myself. haha. good one jess, not boring at all :)

Jessica said...

Would this tuesday work?

Jennifer said...

Great quotes! I know that I could use a real attitude adjustment some days... Thanks for the uplifting thoughts - you're the best!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

woman, it is time for some serious updating!

i really love brown blogs :)