Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gratitude a day #1

Well its November! Do you know what that means? Well let me tell you.  My Favorite Holiday! YAHOO! I am a Thanksgiving lover.  Its my favorite holiday by far! Why you might ask?  Yes I know Christmas is so close to it, but really I love Thanksgiving because its simpler :).  No gifts to get or give just time with family and yummy food and a chance to remember how blessed we all are.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas.  I just really enjoy Thanksgiving! No Christmas Music or decorations at my house until after thanksgiving! :)

So to kick of Thanksgiving I am once again going to do my 30 days of Gratitude! I challenge anyone to join! Its really fun and really helps kick of the holidays! It also helps YOU feel better about everything in life.  I am a big believer that when the going gets rough you have one option to get through it.  Be HAPPY! That is only going to happen by looking at the good in your life and not focusing on the crappy :) (yeah yeah i know it needs to be addressed, but trust me as you switch your focus from neg to pos it makes a HUGE difference!)

So day #1

Today I am grateful for my dad!

My dad is an awesome dad, and the most wonderful grandpa! I LOVE seeing him as a grandpa! Its been so fun to watch him love my girls.  They both get SO excited at the chance to go to grandpas house! They love sleepovers or anytime grandpa is coming! He is such a great example to them of how to be a great person and how to love and care for others. He is so supportive of my girls and wants to be there to watch them succeed!

He is also such a great dad! He loves to call and check up on me and see how things are going. He always has great advice and is so willing to help out! He is supportive of me and my family.  I could not have asked for a better dad growing up (and now!) My dad truly is one of the best men i know! I only hope i can be more and more like him as I get older!

I love you daddy! Thanks for all you do for my family!

No comments: