Monday, November 1, 2010

What is it about November?

November just spells gratitude to me.  Its what my mind becomes consumed with.  Constantly thinking about how blessed my life is.  I guess it has something to do with Thanksgiving.  It is after all my favorite Holiday!

I am a positive person.  I hate dwelling on the negative in my life, because really where does that get me.  Answer feeling more crappy then I did earlier; don't get me wrong I still do it, i just HATE it when I do.

So this month my goal is to post something i am grateful for daily.  Because really I do have SO much to be grateful for. 

Today's Gratitude

The chance to grow up in 2 homes. 

Now i know some people might stop for a minute here.  Let me explain.  My parents divorced when I was 7 and both remarried when i was 10.  What did this give me.  A whole lot of new siblings and 2 new and wonderful individuals to fill in the roles of my step parents.

I love my Step parents dearly.  I love them as if they are my real parents.  I am blessed truly blessed.  What i am most grateful for, was the chance to see parenting from 4 different parents.  I know this has helped me become a better parent.  On top of this I have what Derek has learned also.  I found parenting styles and ways from all of them that I liked and did not like.  I have tried my best to put all of  my parents parenting styles together in the way I parent my girls.  I really do think I am lucky to get to see so many ideas and ways to handle situations. I know I am a much better parent for it. 

My choice style for parenting is Authoritative. (you can see parenting styles here)  
I try my best to stay in this range but lets be honest, sometimes its easy to snap at your kids and sometimes its easy to over indulge and give in to them.  I am going to try my best to speak softer and kinder to my children to ask questions and to make sure they know just how much I love them.  I am so grateful for such sweet and wonderful children.  Jackie is adorable cute kind and loving.  I love that she always remembers her please and thank yous.  I love that she trys to be a good friend and worries about her friends.  I love how kind and calm Abby is and all of her kisses. 
I want to try to be the best parent I can be because my girls do deserve the best, and I only hope i can live up to that.

So

Why the heck this is on my mind.  Sunday School lesson was on parenting styles (marriage and fam class)

anyway I will do my best to post my daily gratitude this month

No comments: